Saturday, March 16, 2019

Letter to Predators

Yea for celebrities. Nay for scandals.
There has been a huge uproar in the Korean entertainment industry this past week because of an unbelievable scandal. It’s not some regular scandal with one or two celebrities, and it doesn’t involve light topics. I’m talking involvement in illegal drugs, sex, rape, and prostitution. Of course, it was hard to believe at first. The innocent K-pop idols that citizens looked up to were not at all innocent, but rather the opposite. And it kept getting worse and worse as more celebrities were revealed to be involved. The worst part? It’s been going on for years, and nobody knew about it.
So, I decided to write a letter to these disgusting predators that we once looked up to.


To My Old Idols, Seungri, Jung Joonyoung, Lee Jonghyun, Choi Jonghoon, Yong Junhyung, and more, Seoul, South Korea


Sirs:


I heard you were sorry about soliciting prostitution by drugging women and taking videos without their consent. “I have often felt uneasy about you” (Anderson). I thought that the reporters would have trampled you by now, but I’m glad all of you are still alive. But I guess your bodyguards, who probably hate you, blocked them. I was so devastated to see all of you in such a poor state, and I couldn’t help but to feel so bad about your misfortunes. Did you say you felt no guilt while sending those videos? It’s okay, I totally understand. Just don’t do it next time. I mean, if there even is a next time. I don’t think I’ll be seeing you on TV anytime soon besides the news channel.
I used to listen to your songs. My old morning alarm was Yong Junhyung’s “Sudden Shower.” People were proud to be fans of all of you. Now, I think it will be better for those involved to quietly go to jail and serve their sentences. We had faith, but now, there is none.


P.S. Thank the police for preventing more victims of rape for catching people like you.


Your old supporter,
Sujin Moon

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you incorporated Anderson's satirical style as your own! Your diction really portrays the sardonic tone, such as "disgusting predators," and your p.s. is also great!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letter was shorter than Anderson's, yet you managed to capture the exact tone Anderson used in his letter in your own. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really well written! I like how you took your own topic and perfectly captured Anderson's style and satirical tone. The letter was incredibly detailed too (you even managed to use the "Sirs", "P.S." and "Your old supporter").

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Interesting Post!!! I really liked the way you utilized Anderson's style of writing to his master. I also found the last line very funny. I also liked the way you brought in current news to your blog and modernized Anderson's way of writing. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this parody--such an interesting take!

    ReplyDelete